Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Salsa Verde Enchiladas




2 Tbsp Olive Oil
8 cloves Garlic, minced 
2 (15.5 oz) cans of Cannellini Beans, drained
1 cup chicken broth (1 bullion cube)
Salt to taste
1 cup cooked, shredded chicken
12 (6 in) whole wheat tortillas
2 cups store bought salsa Verde
1 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
Cilantro for garnish

( I reduced the garlic by 1/2, and I didn't have any Cannellini beans, so I used Kidney & Red beans. Next time I will probably used Great Northern because I typically have those on hand. I also used 6 regular flour tortillas instead of the 6 in wheat.)

Preheat oven to 375°F. In a medium sauce pan, saute on medium heat olive oil and garlic until golden brown. Stir in drained beans. Add in chicken broth and cook for approx 7 minutes while stirring and mashing beans. Season with salt to taste. Add shredded chicken. Place 1/4 cup in each tortilla shell, roll, and place in a 9x13 pan. Pour Salsa Verde and shredded pepper jack cheese over top and bake 20-30 minutes. Or until cheese and sauce are bubbly. Serve with fresh cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment