Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pepper Jack Spinach Chicken




2-3 boneless skinless chicken breast 
1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and water drained. ( I used fresh spinach)
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp Cajun spice (I used the blackened seasoning found here.)
1 Tbsp bread crumbs
Salt and pepper to taste
-tooth picks

Normally I halve my chicken breasts length wise, but for recipe I leave them whole. You can always halve them after they are cooked. I do however cut them lengthwise but not all way through. I unfold the breasts and place in a seal-able plastic bag and tenderize them with the meat mallet. When tenderized, I proceed to fill with spinach and pepper jack cheese. Pinch seams together and hold with toothpicks. Be sure to count the amount of toothpicks so here are no accidents while eating. Rub with olive oil and sprinkle Cajun spice and bread crumbs. If there was any left over shredded cheese sprinkle that over top as well. Bake covered, @ 350°F for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Or until chicken is cooked thoroughly. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment